Saturday, March 5, 2011

Special Treats: Vanilla cupcakes with a Surprise inside!

03 March 04 - Baking Cupcakes (1)
Do you all remember how much I wanted to bake the other day? Well, I finally got around to baking something!

I really wanted to try a new recipe, so I decided to make Nutella & Vanilla cupcakes with Nutella buttercream. Basically, it's a vanilla cupcake with some gooey, delicious Nutella in the center. Let me tell you, these cupcakes are AMAZING! Everyone looooved them! The recipe is from a blog called
Bake It in a Cake and you can find this specific recipe here.

This was the first time EVER that I make cupcakes from scratch (rather than from a box). It's also the very first time I bake something inside of a cupcake! It was all very exciting :)
03 March 04 - Baking Cupcakes (2)

Baking a cupcake with something in the center turned out to be really easy. First I made the vanilla batter. Then I put a little bit of batter into the cupcake papers:
03 March 04 - Baking Cupcakes (3)

Then I added a simple chocolate cookie:
03 March 04 - Baking Cupcakes (4)

Next I added a spoon of Nutella (I used a different brand, but it tastes just as good):
03 March 04 - Baking Cupcakes (5)
03 March 04 - Baking Cupcakes (6)

And then you just cover it all up with more vanilla cupcake batter:
03 March 04 - Baking Cupcakes (7)

Then, all that's left to do is bake them babies and frost them up. I found that the Nutella buttercream frosting of the original recipe was delicious, but very very VERY sweet. So I decided to put just a small coat of frosting on my cupcakes so that they wouldn't be too sweet.
03 March 04 - Baking Cupcakes (8)
03 March 04 - Baking Cupcakes (9)


Easy huh? And they turn out DELICIOUS! The Vanilla cake was so moist, soft, and tasty and the gooey chocolate center was just a delightful surprise!
03 March 04 - Baking Cupcakes (10)

I will definitely make these cupcakes again! Overall, I would say it's a 9 out of 10! Simply delicious!

Now if you will excuse me... I have some eating to do ;)
03 March 04 - Baking Cupcakes (11)

No comments:

Post a Comment