Sunday, March 20, 2011

Special Treats: Green velvet cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day!

03 March 17 - Magnolia's Green Velvet Cupcakes (1)
For this St. Patrick's day, I decided to make some green velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting!! The BEST red velvet cupcakes I have ever tasted where made by Magnolia Bakery in New York City. And guess what? I found their recipe online here! My cupcakes didn't turn out exactly like theirs, but they were still really really good!

To make the cupcakes even more St. Patrick-ish (as if the green food coloring wasn't enough), I used these super cute St. Patrick's day cups that my boyfriend's mother gave me.
03 March 17 - Magnolia's Green Velvet Cupcakes (2)
03 March 17 - Magnolia's Green Velvet Cupcakes (4)

This recipe required a lot more ingredients than I usually use... so it took a bit longer to make these cupcakes. But they were worth it! The green batter looked so unique and different...
03 March 17 - Magnolia's Green Velvet Cupcakes (6)

Once they were baked, the cupcakes took on a darker green color... but still very green!
03 March 17 - Magnolia's Green Velvet Cupcakes (7)

Then I made the cream cheese frosting (definitely the BEST part of this recipe) and decorated the cupcakes with Lucky Charms cereal! It gave it a nice crunch :)
03 March 17 - Magnolia's Green Velvet Cupcakes (8)

The cupcakes turned out super moist and soft... When you bite into these cupcakes they just melt in your mouth... delicious!
03 March 17 - Magnolia's Green Velvet Cupcakes (10)

All of my LOVED these cupcakes! I would rate them a 9.5 out of 10! My sister even said they were the BEST cupcakes she has ever tasted in her entire life! They were definitely the best cupcakes I have made so far :)
03 March 17 - Magnolia's Green Velvet Cupcakes (12)

No comments:

Post a Comment