Friday, March 11, 2011

Special Treats: Banana Nutella Cupcakes!

03 March 09 - Banana Nutella Cupcakes (1)

Do you remember me making some INSANELY DELICIOUS vanilla cupcakes with a chocolate Nutella center the other day? Well, today I decided to make yet another set of cupcakes featuring the delicious flavor of Nutella!

Today I made Banana and Nutella cupcakes! I got the recipe from a blog called Jane's Sweets & Baking Journal. You can find this specific recipe here.

These cupcakes mix the chocolaty flavor of Nutella (I used a different brand, but it was just as delicious) with the flavor of sweet ripe bananas. It's like chocolaty banana bread cupcakes!
03 March 09 - Banana Nutella Cupcakes (2)

I made the cupcakes exactly as the recipe said with the exception that I didn't include any hazelnuts because my boyfriend and his family don't like them. I mixed both ripe bananas and the Nutella in the batter itself... the batter was delicious! (Yes, I ate some un-baked batter... who doesn't?!)

The recipe also advised to add a dab of Nutella on top of the cupcakes before baking them...
03 March 09 - Banana Nutella Cupcakes (4)
03 March 09 - Banana Nutella Cupcakes (5)

I'm SO glad I followed that advise because the cupcakes turned out with gooey chocolate Nutella on top of it's crusty borders... Yum!
03 March 09 - Banana Nutella Cupcakes (6)

The cupcakes turned out delicious! My only complaint was that they turned out a little too gooey for my taste... but the flavor was delicious! I am no expert, but I would give these cupcakes a 7 out of 10 (flavor was awesome but just a tad too gooey... but that was probably my own fault rather than the recipe itself)
03 March 09 - Banana Nutella Cupcakes (7)

One of the best things about baking something with bananas is that the entire kitchen smells DELICIOUS! I love the smell of fresh banana bread (or banana Nutella cupcakes in this case).
03 March 09 - Banana Nutella Cupcakes (8)

Although they were a little too gooey for my taste, other people thought they were PERFECT! My dad, for example, rated them a 9 out of 10! He was just delighted with them!
03 March 09 - Banana Nutella Cupcakes (9)

All in all, very very tasty cupcakes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment