Friday, March 18, 2011

Special Treats: Almond Chocolate Brownies

03 March 15 - Almond Chocolate Brownies (1)

Since my brother loves brownies, I decided to make Almond Chocolate Brownies for his birthday! I searched and searched the internet for brownie recipes, and I decided to try a recipe from Simple Recipes. You can find this specific recipe here.
03 March 15 - Almond Chocolate Brownies (2)

One of the interesting things about this recipe was that I had to melt the butter in a bowl that was inside another bowl filled with boiling water. I had only seen that done on TV!
03 March 15 - Almond Chocolate Brownies (3)

Once it melted, the batter turned super moist and gooey... yum!
03 March 15 - Almond Chocolate Brownies (4)
03 March 15 - Almond Chocolate Brownies (5)

After baking them, I sprinkled some white powder sugar on top of them to add some interest and pizazz.
03 March 15 - Almond Chocolate Brownies (7)

Ok, on to my review of this recipe. To be honest, I am going to give this recipe a 4.5 out of 10 (sorry!). Everyone that tasted these brownies thought that the almond flavor was just too overpowering. However, I think the shape, moisture, and fluffiness of the brownie was pretty good... so I think that if I put MUCH less Almond extract into the batter, these brownies could have been a great hit!
03 March 15 - Almond Chocolate Brownies (8)
Anyway, sometimes you win some and sometimes you loose some. I really want to keep trying more and more new recipes to find which ones are tasty and which ones are just ok.

Baking really is lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment