Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday's tip of the week: Wear a POP of color!

This week's tip is to make outfits with a POP of color! Many times I'm sure you have all read me write that I added a pop of color in my outfit. Here I will show some ways in which you can add a POP of color into your own outfits!

1. One unique POP: Here you keep the entire outfit neutral and just add one color that POP's with the neutral background. This could be by adding a colorful belt or jacket like I did in these outfits:
Dec 7 - Neutrals with POP (2)Dec 7 - Neutrals with POP (1)

2. Popping scarf: Here you wear a scarf as the main POP of color. The outfit can have colors or be neutral, as long as the main focus is the scarf.

Dec 7 - Pop in Scarf (1)Dec 7 - Pop in Scarf (3)

3. Tights make your legs POP: I know I have said it many times before, but again an easy way to add a POP of color is just adding colorful tights. You can either pair it with a neutral outfit, or combine it with elements that include the color of the tights. Either way, I promise these colorful babies wont go unnoticed.

Dec 7 - Pop with tights (1)Dec 7 - Pop with tights (2)

4. A POP through accessories: Here you add a POP of color is through accessories such as belts, purses, and jewelry. This is perhaps one of the easiest ways to incorporate the POP.

Dec 7 - Pop with Accesories (2)Dec 7 - Pop with Accesories (3)

5. Colorful POP on your feet: One last way I introduce a POP of color is by adding bright and "Look-at-me" shoes. These always look chic and very unique, in my opinion.

Dec 7 - Pop in shoesDec 7 - Pop in shoes (2)
Note: I just noticed that both of these skirts have a rainbow waist, what a coincidence!

So go ahead and get those outfits popping! Its a really fun and easy way to spice up your outfits. These are the ways I incorporate a POP of color, how about all of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment