Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My father's shirt

April 10 (1)
April 10 (2)
April 10 (3)
April 10 (4)
April 10 (6)
April 10 (7)
April 10 (5)
April 10 (8)
**I followed Maria from M Loves M's tutorial on how to do this low braided bun. Check it out here!

When:
Tuesday April 10, 2012


What:
Denim top: Used to be my father's
Skirt: H&M (Europe)
Belt: Forever21.com
Shoes: BMB (Panama)
Necklace & earrings: ? (Panama)
Sunglasses: H&M (U.S.A.)

Get the look:
Pair a patterned blue skirt with a denim top and a bright orange necklace!

Where:
Work + Movie date with my boyfriend (I haven't seen him for over a week, so I was so happy to see him today!)

Comments:
A couple of days ago, my mom came up to me and presented me with this old denim shirt that used to be my father's. At first, I thought it was kind of weird for her to be giving me my father's shirt (I mean, it is a man's shirt and it is an XL), but once I tried it on I thought it was pretty cool for me to wear my father's shirt.
April 10 (9)

I always feel special when I'm wearing something that is linked somehow to a loved one. Today, for example, I felt like I carried my father with me all day. I daydreamed and wondered what my father did while wearing this shirt, like gardening or playing with me and my brother's when we were kids. It's funny how a simple old shirt can get me imagining such fun memories :)

Have you inherited clothes from your mom or dad? Or someone else in your family?

Here are all the ways in which I've worn this skirt:
04 April 10


No comments:

Post a Comment