I decided to make a special treat this weekend: S'mores cookies!! I thought: "What better cookie to take to a weekend in the countryside mountains than s'more cookies?" And let me tell you, these cookies are DE-LISH!
The cookie dough itself has graham cracker crumbs in the mix (as well as chocolate chips... um YUM!). Apart from the yummy Graham-cracker-chocolate-chip-delicious-dough, this cookie features mini marshmallows and Hershey chocolates melted on top (OMG!).
The result? All the delicious flavors of s'mores without all the mess.
Recipe: S'mores cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups miniature chocolate chips (I used regular chocolate chips)
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 Hershey bars, chopped (I would recommend buying 4-5 bars)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt, and dash of cinnamon. In a second larger bowl beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, and remove from the oven. Push 3 to 4 marshmallows and a few pieces of hershey bar into each cookies. Return to the oven and bake an additional 3-4 minutes until fully cooked. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies.
And there you have it folks, the secret to making S'mores without the need of any bonfire. The cookies turn out chewy, chocolate-y (but not overwhelmingly chocolate-y), and tasty. I would give these cookies a 9.5 out of 10! I wouldn't change a thing about them. They were scrumptious!