Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A ballerina high bun

May 11 (1)
May 11 (2)
May 11 (3)
May 11 (4)
May 11 (5)
May 11 (6)

When: Wednesday May 11, 2011

What:
Pink dress: ? (Panama)
White blazer: ? (Panama)
Floral belt: Accessorize (Europe)
Gray pumps: Payless Shoe Source
Pink purse: Borrowed from my mom
Ring: From this seller on eBay
Earrings: c/o Blue Scarab Jewelry

Where:
Work + Helped my sister clean out her closet... we had a blast cracking jokes and eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches together.

Comments:
Today's outfit really began with me wanting to pair this purply-pink dress with this light pink purse. I always love how two shades of the same or similar color look together. Then I threw on some neutral pieces to finish off the outfit (like the white blazer and the gray pumps). As soon as I had the blazer on, I knew I wanted to tie my hair up... For some reason, I prefer not having my messy hair distract from the crisp white collar of this blazer.
May 11 (7)
So, I went with this super high ballerina bun! Once I was finished with my hairdo, I realized that I looked a lot like a ballerina today. I mean, I am wearing a high bun in my hair (enough said), plus two shades of pink, plus a floral belt, plus a sparkly ring... doesn't get much girlier and ballerina-ish than that right?... ok, I guess a tutu would help... but that's not really professional ;)

Do you ever wear your hair tied up in a high bun? Why or why not?

Here are all the ways in which I've worn this dress:
05 May 11 (1)
05 May 11 (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment