Wednesday, August 17, 2011

DIY: Creating a statement necklace

Aug 16 (1)

Aug 16 (2)

Aug 16 (3)

Aug 16 (4)

Aug 16 (5)



When: Tuesday August 16, 2011



What:

Dress: Present from my parents (U.S.A.)

Heels: BMB (Panama)

Off-White Liz Claiborne purse: Borrowed from my mom

Faux pearls necklace: Present from my boyfriend

Multi-strand silver and blue necklace with blue gem on the bottom: Present from my friends (By a local designer called Maria Rivolta)

Short Turquoise necklace: Present from my grandmother

All the rest of the necklaces: ? (Panama)



Where:

Work + Started watching Sex and the City (are any of you fans of the show?)



Comments:

Today I decided to use the Fashion Week Panama event I went to a couple of weeks ago as inspiration for today's outfit. Do any of you remember that list of Fashion Week looks that I planned on copying? Well, today I decided to try the monochromatic all-one-color look:
07 July 20 - Dias de Moda takeaways 05 - Monochromatic (1)

On the runway, the dress, necklace, and shoes were all the same color. However, I don't own any shoes of the exact same blue of the dress, so I improvised with a darker blue... I like how they pop!

Aug 16 (6)

I wanted to share a recent discovery I made (which you all probably know anyway). A very easy way to make a statement in an outfit is to pile on several different necklaces you own to create one big statement necklace . They don't all have to be the same (in fact, kudos if they are different!), they just need to be different lengths. That's exactly what I tried today and I absolutely love it! I will definitely by piling on the necklaces more often.



You should all give a try! Start by piling on necklaces you already own until you find a mix that works. I bet you can all come up with great statement necklaces. If you do try it, go ahead and take a picture of it and show it to me! My email is thejoyoffashion (at) hotmail (dot) com... I would love to see it!



Here are a couple of other outfits that have a whole lot of the color blue:

08 Aug 16

No comments:

Post a Comment