Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mannequin copycat

July 20 (1)
July 20 (2)
July 20 (3)
July 20 (4)
July 20 (5)
July 20 (6)
July 20 (7)
July 20 (8)

When: Tuesday July 20, 2010

What:
Gray dress: Ross Dress for Less
Pink top: H&M
Pearl necklace: Pasarella (Panama)
Beige booties: From this seller on eBay
Bow purse: Forever XXI
Black belt: Christmas present from my parents

Where: Worked on a special event for my internship (day 7 out of 12) and I'm almost finished with the Paint by Number for my grandmother

Comments:
I have a little confession to make about today's outfit...Today's outfit was shamelessly copied from a mannequin I saw a couple of months ago in Forever XXI! jajaja. I really loooove the way Forever XXI dresses their mannequins most of the time and I find that it's a great source of inspiration.
July 20 (9)
Many times when I look at mannequins, I realize that I have similar items to those displayed and could make an almost identical outfit... and that is exactly what I did today!! The mannequin did however have a gray skirt (which I don't own) so I accommodated by layering a pink top over my gray dress so that it would look like a skirt (ingenious huh?!). I really like how chic it turned out, but I guess I can't really receive the credit for that... jejeje :)

Do you ever imitate or get inspiration from mannequins in stores?

Here are all the ways in which I've worn this gray dress:
07 July 20
07 July 20 (1)

No comments:

Post a Comment